No need to go out and purchase a chili seasoning kit when you can make your own at home very inexpensively. I usually make a double batch of my chili seasoning mix, and keep it in an air-tight container. This way my chili is consistently flavorful and delicious. You can get the same results, and you’ll never have to worry about having all the seasonings you need on hand.
- 6 Tablespoons quality chili powder (without cumin)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chickpea flour
- Blend for a few seconds in blender until powdery.
- Remove from blender and store in air-tight container.
- Use 3-5 Tablespoons per pot of chili.
For more great recipes, check out WHY VEGAN IS THE NEW BLACK: More than 100 Meat and Dairy Free Meal Ideas Your Whole Family Will Love.
Category: Condiments and Seasonings