4 cups chopped waxy potatoes, skin on, 1/2″ pieces
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
zest of two lemons
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon minced shallot
Kosher salt to taste
freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a stock pot of salted cold water, bring to boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Place the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, zest, lemon juice and shallots in a small bowl, whisk until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Check the potatoes by inserting the tip of a sharp knife into one of the pieces. Potatoes should be tender, but not mushy. If the knife resists, allow the potatoes to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl. Pour the olive oil mixture over the potatoes and gently toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or place in the refrigerator for one hour to chill.