The real Worchestershire sauce is made from fish. But that stuff is delish in bean dishes and it really gives a nice kick to other foods as well, like vegan burgers, lentil loaves and the like. Here’s how to make vegan Worchestershire sauce at home. Thanks Martha Stewart!
- 2 cups apple-cider vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground yellow mustard seed or dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and let cool completely before using.
Category: Condiments and Seasonings