Makes 1 serving
1 large very ripe banana, peeled and chopped into 8-9 pieces
1 tsp coconut oil
2 tsps natural peanut butter
1/2 cup regular rolled oats
1 tsp chia seeds
1 cup cashew, almond milk or hemp milk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
pinch of sea salt
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract (optional)
1-2 tsps natural peanut butter
chopped pumpkin seeds (or nuts)
Agave nectar to taste for sweetness
- In a medium-sized non-stick pot over low heat, cook the banana in the coconut oil for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. You want it to get a light glazed brown color.
- Stir in peanut butter, then and add the oats, chia, milk, spices, and a pinch of salt. Stir well until thoroughly combined.
- Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring often for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 tsp pure vanilla, if desired.
- Scoop into a bowl and add toppings.
Modified original recipe. For more great recipes, visit OhSheGlows