Feta cheese … sigh how I miss thee. Sprinkled on salads, on pasta dishes and in casseroles, feta was one of the few dairy products I would actually eat. But this vegan version of feta not-cheese is amazingly feta-like in both appearance and taste and should fill the gap left in your new vegan life.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 1 lb firm organic non-GMO tofu
- In a large bowl, mix together first 7 ingredients.
- Marinate the tofu in the mixture for at least an hour.
- Crumble into a plastic container with a tight fitting lid. Use as needed.
- Lasts 3-4 days in refrigerator.
Category: Veganism and African Americans