I could never be a “raw food vegan” because I don’t like eating raw things that much. Crunching on raw vegetables endlessly makes me feel like my next question should be “ummmm What’s Up Doc?” lol! I do love vegetables though, its just that I prefer them at least lightly cooked in stir frys, or hidden and blended into smoothies, or cooked outright in casseroles or soups. But I like this!
- 1 (300 g) box whole grain bow tie pasta (I like Barilla Plus)
- RED – 1 large tomato, chopped
- ORANGE -1 large carrot, diced
- YELLOW – 1 small yellow pepper, diced
- GREEN – ½ long English cucumber, diced (1 cup)
- BLUE/GREEN – 1 head broccoli, chopped small (1½ cups)
- PURPLE – 1 small red onion, sliced (1/2 cup)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add the bow tie pasta and cook 10-12 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, chop the vegetables and whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients in a liquid measuring cup.
- Drain the cooked pasta and run it under cold water to cool. Place the pasta and chopped vegetables in a large serving bowl.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette on top of the pasta salad and stir to coat.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup sunflower oil
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
pinch of fresh ground black pepper
Category: Light Meals