Though I am certainly down with salads and eating my fruit raw, there are vegans who eat ALL of their food raw. That’s a little hard core for me, but here is the recipe for a salad that I really enjoy that costs less than $6.00 to serve two people.
- 8 ounces assorted greens
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons agave
- ½ teaspoon salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Toss the greens with apple slices, grapes and onion slices in a large bowl.
- Divide equally onto two plates.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients, and drizzle over the two salads.
Category: Light Meals