This soup is great either hot or cold. It tastes delicious, too. Super low in fat, no cholesterol, low in sodium and high in fiber (about 10 grams per 1 cup serving), you can’t go wrong. Eat it with a salad or chickpea salad sandwich for a stick to your ribs lunch or dinner. To make the soup smooth and “creamy”, you will need either a blender or food processor.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup diced celery
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 pound red potatoes, sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Tamari sauce
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- fresh ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Saute onion, celery and garlic in olive oil in large pot just until flavor is released.
- Cover and simmer all ingredients until volume is reduced by about a third.
- Blend mixture in blender or food processor. Screen off rough solids
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Category: Light Meals