All over the web there are various recipes you can use to create substitutes for that slightly salty, cheesy taste of Parmesan. Certain dishes call for it, and other times it would just be the thing to add a kick to whatever it is you are cooking. Everybody likes Parmesan, and just because you’re eating a healthy vegan diet doesn’t mean you should have to suffer through a Parmesan-free life.
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan or other sea salt
- Add all ingredients to blender or food processor
- Pulse or process until a smooth powder has formed.
- Transfer mixture to a container with an air-tight lid.
- Serve on lasagnes, pastas, veggie pizza, salad, or soups. Pretty much whatever you like!
Category: Condiments and Seasonings